Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Tell Me More, Tell Me More...


          Not only is CSU Long Beach plopped in the middle of a society obsessed with entertainment, the campus is than an hour away from the heart of entertainment, Hollywood..  One would think that students would be lined up outside the box offices, elbowing their way up to get tickets to the next theater or dance performance.  Right?  Wrong. 
            Julianne Dulis, CSULB student, said, “I have attended a dance performance at CSULB, but the only reason I knew about it was because it was announced in one of my dance classes.  I would definitely be more likely to attend if I know when they were going on. I don't think the school does enough advertising for those two programs.”
                        A survey showed that 15 out of 30  students have never seen a theatre or dance performance at long beach. Every person said they would be interested attending a show in the future if they were informed of theatre department’s upcoming events. 

No comments:

Post a Comment